1 katori or cup sabut Urad
salt to taste
1. Grind sabut Urad into a coarse powder. Do not grind it very fine.
2. Now heat an iron kadahi, put ghee and faran.
3. Add the dal powder and fry it with ghee and faran.
4. When slightly brown, put all the masalas and salt and fry well.
5. Now add 4-5 cups water. Let it boil and cook for 15-20 mins.
6. Before serving add ghee. Serve with kheere ka raita and bhaat, pyaz, kaakhri aur tamatar ka salad and hari mirch for taste.
I have been cooking for last 11 years (iam 26) my mother cooks at home but as a hobby I also cook.